2 Dead, Several Injured After Phone Falls Into Open-Pit Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Two people suffocated and several others were reportedly injured after a woman dropped her cell phone into a cesspool in Xinxiang City, Henan province, China.

According to the South China Morning Post, the woman's husband climbed down into the open-pit toilet to collect the phone, worth about $300. He was reportedly overcome by the stench, lost consciousness and fell in. The man's mother reportedly jumped in after her son, but she also fainted.

Neighbors were called for help after the owner of the phone tried to save her husband and mother-in-law. She also lost consciousness. Several other people were injured in an attempt to help the victims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/05/dead-phone-toilet_n_5454222.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

😱 :(

You couldn't make it up could you? Darwin candidates do you think?

You couldn't make it up could you? Darwin candidates do you think?

You could understand going in after a person (although a tragically foolhardy act given news elsewhere today :( ), but I would not go after a phone :(

You could understand going in after a person (although a tragically foolhardy act given news elsewhere today :( ), but I would not go after a phone :(

You don't understand cos you've never had a smart phone! €300! :confused:😱

Must have had a yen for it:D

Those who died must have been suffering from desperate poverty combined with an inability to prioritise what is important. I agree with some of the comments- seriously disturbing that a $300 dollar piece of electronic gadgetry ( and not even a medical device) is more important than proper sanitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back