2.2 at school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
R had a 2.2 at school today when she would normally be combatting her breakfast spike. School were great dealing with her and put her on a temp basal for 6 hours at 50%. Her needs are reduced by half at the mo and last night and a couple of others last week, we've been feeding her glucotabs in the night to keep her up. Why would her needs be backtracking at such a rate? Has anyone found at the mo that they are having to cut down a lot? I'm really hoping she's not coming down with something :(

At least with this low her TA wants to be trained in the glucagon injection. It has completely thrown me, i think, because i wasn't there to deal with it...

Just have to share....

Hi Becca, sorry to hear your daughter had a low at school. As for why she went low, it may be to do with the weather, funnily enough! If it's warm outside, the rate at which you absorb your insulin is speeded up and can send you low very quickly (trust me, I speak from experience having spent a year in Australia after University!!).
I'd decrease her insulin slightly (how much is difficult to say) and see how she goes.

R had a 2.2 at school today when she would normally be combatting her breakfast spike. School were great dealing with her and put her on a temp basal for 6 hours at 50%. Her needs are reduced by half at the mo and last night and a couple of others last week, we've been feeding her glucotabs in the night to keep her up. Why would her needs be backtracking at such a rate? Has anyone found at the mo that they are having to cut down a lot? I'm really hoping she's not coming down with something :(

At least with this low her TA wants to be trained in the glucagon injection. It has completely thrown me, i think, because i wasn't there to deal with it...

Just have to share....

Hi Becca...

I hope R is feeling much better now...xx

I'm having similar dramatic reductions at the mo with Nathan..he is on MDI.
I asked the DSN last week at his appointment..as to the reason why this is happening...she mumbled some sort of phenomenon....I'm trying to look in to a find what she meant

Heidi
🙂

My insulin requirements halved in the space of a couple of weeks back in April. Hope things settle down soon, it was hard enough for me to keep pace with the drops, even harder when it's not you that's dropping!

Hi Becca

Hope R is ok today at school. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back