1st day and i am doing well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickiebob89

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I got my blood results back last night and my cholesterol is too high :( so i woke up this morning and thought its time to get my act together..
For my breakfast i had a slice of thin toast with a light layer of strawberry jam.
A small orange for snack.
Dinner i had a chicken salad with beetroot.
And i have just has 1 biscuit cause i feel bloody awful.

I know its what i gotta do but dam it is hard..

Nickiebob xx

Right! That's one day down, how many more to go? 😛:D

(It should get easier the longer that you persist. Well done, by the way 🙂 )

Andy

p.s. How is Sheffield these days? I moved away from there 9 years ago.

Its hard work but it will pay off nickie and when you start to feel the benifits you will feel alot better , keep giong that menu sounds yummy to me i love chicken i could live in it but if i did id start cock-a-dooling -dooing 🙂🙂.

well done, you're doing well. Let us know how you get on as it will be an incentive for others too.

thankyou.. i ant got a clue what im having for tea lol My bf wants fish fingers chips and beans mm tasty but no so good for me.. im thinking pittas with a yummy filling or home made shepherds pie 🙂 its snooker night tonight so that will be a test in a pub surrounding by lovely alcoholic drinks and endless choice of confectionary.. Its all in my end haha..
yep 1 day down only another million to go 🙂

Nickiebob xx

Right! That's one day down, how many more to go? 😛:D

(It should get easier the longer that you persist. Well done, by the way 🙂 )

Andy

p.s. How is Sheffield these days? I moved away from there 9 years ago.

Sheffield is ok.. cold very cold, pretty same old really xx

thankyou.. i ant got a clue what im having for tea lol My bf wants fish fingers chips and beans mm tasty but no so good for me.. im thinking pittas with a yummy filling or home made shepherds pie 🙂 its snooker night tonight so that will be a test in a pub surrounding by lovely alcoholic drinks and endless choice of confectionary.. Its all in my end haha..

Nickiebob xx

MMM with pittas you need to be very careful I was told when i did my course a half a pitta a day constitutes a slice of whole mealbread so just be careful with the carbs, you cant go far wrong with homemade nickie.Good luck at the snooker im the same with my other half when its darts nights,on the odd occasions i go the beer is flowing and the snacks and sweets are never far away.

Nickiebob xx

I think you are doing so well that a treat evening is fine. If you don't allow your self treats and 'naughties' from time to time, you will probably get bored Good luck and enjoy whatever you have.

I got my blood results back last night and my cholesterol is too high :( so i woke up this morning and thought its time to get my act together..
For my breakfast i had a slice of thin toast with a light layer of strawberry jam.
A small orange for snack.
Dinner i had a chicken salad with beetroot.
And i have just has 1 biscuit cause i feel bloody awful.

I know its what i gotta do but dam it is hard..

Nickiebob xx

Try adding garlic and onions to your food, both are good at lowering cholesterol. Oats are also said to help lower cholesterol and bp, may be worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back