Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That's the number of people who have been diagnosed with diabetes in the UK since this forum started a year ago.😱 I'm just hoping that they find the kind of support we get here in some form or another, to help them gain control and live full and happy lives, despite the blow that has befallen them.

That means that, for every person who has joined here, there are about 100 others...

when i saw the number i thought for a second it was a cash prize! you should have seen my speedy clicking... :D

Seriously though, v sad and worrying. I dont pretend to know enough at the moment to commment much further but... hmmm that number really is quite scary!

poor buggers..(sorry northerner) they havent found us yet!!:D

wow those figures are scary, like am said i wish they could all find this site x

Last edited:
Hmmm........... scary fingers?! OK! I'll get them manicured! I only grow them this long for halloween!! Sorry Steff couldn't resist(major respect😱) Yup! as AM64 reiterates, it's better to have this site than any half baked government initiative!

oopsies that jus made me LOL you know what i mean 🙄🙄 :D

If we all do our bit to advertise hopefully a good many of those diagnosed will get here. It is brilliant to have all the support and know there are people who will understand.

WHile I'm here nd if no one mids slightly off thread, THANKS EVRYONE FOR BEING HERE.

If we all do our bit to advertise hopefully a good many of those diagnosed will get here. It is brilliant to have all the support and know there are people who will understand.

WHile I'm here nd if no one mids slightly off thread, THANKS EVRYONE FOR BEING HERE.

It does raise again the point that DUK don't advertise the site. One member who joined recently said that they should put something in their welcome email (when you joind DUK). I had to explain that we have no control over that, but perhaps they might start doing something if we all were to write and explain the benefits of the site to them. I've never understood their reluctance - perhaps they want to persuade people to use their 'supporters' area rather than this board, which is free.

I think a reference to this site should be made on all DUK communications - I would imagine that practically everyone diagnosed in the UK comes into contact with DUK in one form or another.

Written and explained Northerner, this site has been invaluable to me so far through dark times!

Blimey that's a lot of people! if only there was a cure for us all 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back