Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
and trace ketones.

awesome

:(

i went to bed on 5 for crying out loud. I feel rough

Without doubt you have had a night-time hypo and your liver has dumped glucose to bring you back up, unfortunately it's always the case that it raises it too high!.........why doesn't it release just enough glucose to bring bg back to normal levels?..........god only knows!

Personally going to bed at 5 is a little to low and prefer to be around 6-7 before sleep, and usually wake to levels of between 5-6 the next morning. Yesterday I had a hypo in the afternoon, first one for over 3 weeks and caught me completely off guard (2.7 on the meter) treated with 3 gluco-tabs and then a slice of toast ten minutes later, but 2 hours later was 17.1😱 never had a reading like that for months, it would seem my liver beat me to treating the hypo and by eating the glucose and toast pushed my levels up further. Try testing at 2-3am next time you go to bed at this level to establish what your bg readings are at, but I would think a small snack (1cp) before bed might stop this happening again. Toby.

Hiya... are you still pumping? Is it a day or two since the last cannula change? I know I've found if I go much beyond 1 1/2 - 2 days my BGs slowly but surely start to rise, I guess my body just won't tolerate a canula for any longer! 🙄 Worth trying a change & correction bolus & seeing what happens?...

Hope you feel better soon! 🙂

I sympathise. I woke up at 7.4 at 6am this morning and by the time I got to work at 8am (not eaten anything at this point) it was 13.7. I had a hypo last night (2.9) but I was at a healthy 6.6 and fairly consistant by the time i went to bed. Feeling dog awful now as I ache everywhere and just want to sleep!

Damn our meddling livers!

Without doubt you have had a night-time hypo and your liver has dumped glucose to bring you back up, unfortunately it's always the case that it raises it too high!.........why doesn't it release just enough glucose to bring bg back to normal levels?..........god only knows!

Personally going to bed at 5 is a little to low and prefer to be around 6-7 before sleep, and usually wake to levels of between 5-6 the next morning. Yesterday I had a hypo in the afternoon, first one for over 3 weeks and caught me completely off guard (2.7 on the meter) treated with 3 gluco-tabs and then a slice of toast ten minutes later, but 2 hours later was 17.1😱 never had a reading like that for months, it would seem my liver beat me to treating the hypo and by eating the glucose and toast pushed my levels up further. Try testing at 2-3am next time you go to bed at this level to establish what your bg readings are at, but I would think a small snack (1cp) before bed might stop this happening again. Toby.

Toby, I have been doing this for 14 years and I know what to do. I do 3am tests. Don't assume and don't assume you can tell me something. I am not stupid, I know how it works.

I am not yelling, I am just in an exceptionalloy bad mood.

Toby, I have been doing this for 14 years and I know what to do. I do 3am tests. Don't assume and don't assume you can tell me something. I am not stupid, I know how it works.

I think perhaps Toby made too quick an assumption, but it was a reasonable mistake to make.

In your particular case, it looks like he was wrong. More generally though, the point he makes is a valid one and may be of use to someone else.

In any event, I don't think that he thought that you were stupid.

Andy

I think perhaps Toby made too quick an assumption, but it was a reasonable mistake to make.

In your particular case, it looks like he was wrong. More generally though, the point he makes is a valid one and may be of use to someone else.

In any event, I don't think that he thought that you were stupid.

Andy

too quick indeed. And well, I found it slightly upsetting. nevermind. Hopefully it helps someone else.

Oh well, I wonder why you started off this thread if it wasn't to ask for advice, perhaps next time either don't bother or be more thankful to those that take the time to respond to your post. Toby (25 years as a type 1 and neither offended or in a bad mood for your outburst)

Oh well, I wonder why you started off this thread if it wasn't to ask for advice ...

toby, I wonder if it one of those Venus and Mars confusions (I believe you are from the different planets, many apologies if not 😱). I am told that Venetians like to just share their issues for a good chat whilst us Martians always think that any issue shared warrants, if not demands, that a solution is offered.

Of course the whole V and M theory is nonsense but it gives a good excuse when our wires get crossed! [a Martian for far too many years to be either offended or upset by anything a Venetian now does or says] 😎

toby, I wonder if it one of those Venus and Mars confusions (I believe you are from the different planets, many apologies if not 😱). I am told that Venetians like to just share their issues for a good chat whilst us Martians always think that any issue shared warrants, if not demands, that a solution is offered.

Of course the whole V and M theory is nonsense but it gives a good excuse when our wires get crossed! [a Martian for far too many years to be either offended or upset by anything a Venetian now does or says] 😎

I just wish to point out that I'm a Saturnian.

Andy 😎

Sorry all...but I am really struggling to understand what the problem is here. All I am reading is someone posting that they are having a bad time...and others responding and being helpful.

I know diabetes makes us all feel down at times, but I am getting concerned as over the last week alone people have been upset when people don't respond and now upset when people do.

I hope this doesn't come over wrong..but I am beginning to wonder what should we post and when?

I hope you all feel better soon.

...Of course the whole V and M theory is nonsense but it gives a good excuse when our wires get crossed! [a Martian for far too many years to be either offended or upset by anything a Venetian now does or says] 😎

Hopefully, you won't mind me pointing out that you mean Venusians, not Venetians who come from Venice... 😉 (ducks and runs! 🙂) I'm sorry, I'm a pedant, I know!

Andy 😎

ooo i thought you were from Uranus ... :D....quickly joins northe hiding under table .... had to be said andy !!

sorry sam to hi jack your thread hope your feeling a bit better x😱 i think hun all the stress you have been under this summer is now comming out ..try and take it easier ...have you and bex got the same team maybe she has another contact for the DSN xx

Hi Sam,
You probably wont like me for saying this - but I think Toby is right. Perhaps if your 5 again before you go to bed you could put on a temp basal of say 80% for 2 or 3 hours as this should get you over the 3am drop.🙂

I realise that you have had a very stressful time of late and that you feel that your not getting things right with your pump - but you absolutely are and your doing brilliantly. Toby (and others) are only trying to help you.😉🙂Bev

Hopefully, you won't mind me pointing out that you mean Venusians, not Venetians who come from Venice... (ducks and runs!) I'm sorry, I'm a pedant, I know!
😱

Actually no I was correct all along, I did say the theory was a load of nonsense! 😛

Anyway Northerner, you are a typical Mercurian, always focused on the smallest thing!

Ah, you just enjoy boasting about your rings!

ooo i thought you were from Uranus ...
Beat me to it! 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back