?120 million investment for research to improve NHS services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The Department of Health has announced funding of ?120 million for an open competition to research ways of improving NHS services. Each research project will involve collaborative partnerships between a university and surrounding NHS organisations and will be overseen by the National Institute of Health Research.

The Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRCs) were first trialled in 2008, aimed at turning high quality research of patient needs into uppermost levels of care in the NHS. Previous CLAHRCs have undertaken research into areas such as blood-clotting drugs, telephone counselling, and tools to assess the needs of stroke sufferers.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2013/01/nihr/

I've just researched it without touching their funds and have discovered if they wasted less dosh on Quangos like this one and more actually IN the NHS, on things like eg nurses and equipment, services would improve dramatically ......

How many DSNs would ?120m give us?

😡

I've just researched it without touching their funds and have discovered if they wasted less dosh on Quangos like this one and more actually IN the NHS, on things like eg nurses and equipment, services would improve dramatically ......

How many DSNs would ?120m give us?

😡

It makes me cry to even wonder :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back