12.2 at bedtime then 3.5 4 hrs later - Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
OMG I have just had my first night hypo.

My bs have been getting higher and higher these last two weeks in the afternoon and evenings.

For tea last night I had 2 poached egg on crumpet with a table spoon of beans. I had this at 6.30 pm then nothing else. Tested at bedtime (10.00 pm) and was at 12.2. I really cannot understand what is going on.

& Then low and behold I woke at 1.44 am in a state of clamines (is that a word) shaking and very disorientated. Managed to drag myself out of bed and test was 3.5.

I had 4 glucose tablets and hubby got up and made me 2 crumpets. Was 6.2 this morning.

Last night I had convienced myself my insulin must be not working or gone of etc. This morning I'm not so sure. I've always had really tight control.

Is my medication not working - am I now not producing insulin at all. Very confused and getting really worried.

I've called the GP's and managed to get an emergency appointment for 10.50 this morning.

Hi Dizzy

How awful for you. Hope you are feeling better today. Your levels may well be a bit wonky for a while, this is not uncommon following a hypo.

How long have you been injecting insulin? Do you often use the same, or similar places? any lumps, bumps or tender spots?

It is possible for your injections to get 'locked in' to places in the skin where you have been injecting quite a lot, then rather than being released at the expected rate the start can be delayed, for hours or even days (causing your levels to rise) then they can kick in later when you might have tried to correct the problem (causing your levels to plummet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back