• libra7.jpg
    libra7.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• libra9.jpg
    libra9.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
Oh! I am loving this thread!
Thanks guys for giving me a laugh! I really need to make some of those earrings! You could even spray them gold or silver or sparkly red for Christmas. You could maybe even make them into big sparkly sequins and make a little overlay for a dress or even a dress itself with enough of them.... Maybe we need to make it a crafting competition for all our artistic members and award a prize.... Maybe we could even persuade Abbott to sponsor it! Surely encouraging people to recycle would give them a Brownie point for reducing their environmental impact....Goodness knows they need it!

Quite like the idea of using the applicator lid as seedling pots for pricking out.... Would need a hole drilled in the bottom for drainage though

A crafting competition would be great! And your serious point is important too. Being Type 1 involves so much disposable stuff; crafting with it would be hilarious but also highlight the problem.

Need to give people some time, though, to save up enough for anything ambitious.

Not restricted to Libre paraphernalia, either! For example: you know with insulin pen needles, you screw them on, and then you also have to remove a little tubular plastic cap? I was looking at one of those and thought 'hmm ... bugle beads ...' Add to your sequins, and we could have a diabetic ballgown!

Oh! I am loving this thread!
Thanks guys for giving me a laugh! I really need to make some of those earrings! You could even spray them gold or silver or sparkly red for Christmas. You could maybe even make them into big sparkly sequins and make a little overlay for a dress or even a dress itself with enough of them.... Maybe we need to make it a crafting competition for all our artistic members and award a prize.... Maybe we could even persuade Abbott to sponsor it! Surely encouraging people to recycle would give them a Brownie point for reducing their environmental impact....Goodness knows they need it!

Quite like the idea of using the applicator lid as seedling pots for pricking out.... Would need a hole drilled in the bottom for drainage though
You got me now, project coming, see if I can link a flashing led to the battery, pimp my libra.

A crafting competition would be great! And your serious point is important too. Being Type 1 involves so much disposable stuff; crafting with it would be hilarious but also highlight the problem.

Need to give people some time, though, to save up enough for anything ambitious.

Not restricted to Libre paraphernalia, either! For example: you know with insulin pen needles, you screw them on, and then you also have to remove a little tubular plastic cap? I was looking at one of those and thought 'hmm ... bugle beads ...' Add to your sequins, and we could have a diabetic ballgown!
@Northerner, our now-retired Admin used to make all sorts of stuff with his leftover Diabetes paraphernalia. See here -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back