Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today I have had an aweful tummy bug. My bg's went down to 1.7! It was really terrible. My vision went funny, my head was banging. My hubby had to come home from work. I really thought I'd be 999ing, but that was absolutely the last resort. I had a glucagon[sp] hypo kit for emg and so I used it. It worked well and bg's came back up. My tummy seems to have settled as well. I have been left with a headache but all in all I am much better.

Ah sorry to see that. I've been down to 0.6 according to my meter which is er, very scary! Good job to know that Glucagon jabs work very well. Credit to you for using it as I wouldn't really want to use one of those.

Tom

oh im glad you are feeling a bit better 🙂
its better to have a sore head than the hospital tho i know how bad your headache can be

Glad you are bit better, hope the bug is now out of your system and you have a better day tomorrow. Don't forget to replace your glucogen kit when you can.

Sorry to hear that - dont forget you are prone to having another hypo in the next twenty four hours - so try to run yourself higher than normal.🙂Bev

Glad your ok. Its horrid when they are that bad. x

Well done on using the Glucagon kit. I had a stomach bug a few weeks ago and spent an entire afternoon in the 3s which wasn't much fun. I managed to get BG back up by sipping Lucozade in the small interval when I felt better after throwing up (sorry if TMI) before the nausea came back again, and it gradually worked.

Your post has reminded me to ask for a new Glucagon pen as mine is out of date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back