‘Libre 2’ sensor placement number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andywidd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I am about to place my third libra sensor tomorrow (onto my left arm again) and am just wondering if you can place it in the same place as the first sensor.(The current (second) sensor is on my right arm). Or would it be better to place it 2cm or 4cm lower down the back of the arm? Also do you have to place it on back of arm- has anyone tried it in other places?. Thank you, Andy

Considering the tiny thinness of the filament, the chances of placing it in the identical site of the previous one on that arm is extremely remote so I don't think there is any cause for concern as regards the skin or the tissue underneath in placing it in the same location. I certainly alternate mine from one arm to the other in a very similar location. with no problems at all. There are limited places on my upper arm where it is flat enough. There is more risk of hitting a blood vessel on the inside of the arm and if you don't put it towards the back of the arm, there is more risk of it getting knocked off. The outside of the upper arm towards the back is the only Abbott recommended site but some other forum members have used their chest and tummy successfully but you have to give thought to clothing (waist bands etc) or sleeping positions to ensure that it is not going to be compromised. If you have problems with a sensor applied to a non standard location on the body, it may invalidate the guarantee and/or the sensor may be less effective. Any particular reason why you are looking to consider a different site?

I just go by hair. It only grows on the back of my arms, so if I have to shave the area I’m aiming for, I know I’m sticking it in the approved area. This guide is less useful for ladies and children. The other way of doing it is by putting your hand on your hip. Anything you can see on the top of your arm is fair game.

Considering the tiny thinness of the filament, the chances of placing it in the identical site of the previous one on that arm is extremely remote so I don't think there is any cause for concern as regards the skin or the tissue underneath in placing it in the same location. I certainly alternate mine from one arm to the other in a very similar location. with no problems at all. There are limited places on my upper arm where it is flat enough. There is more risk of hitting a blood vessel on the inside of the arm and if you don't put it towards the back of the arm, there is more risk of it getting knocked off. The outside of the upper arm towards the back is the only Abbott recommended site but some other forum members have used their chest and tummy successfully but you have to give thought to clothing (waist bands etc) or sleeping positions to ensure that it is not going to be compromised. If you have problems with a sensor applied to a non standard location on the body, it may invalidate the guarantee and/or the sensor may be less effective. Any particular reason why you are looking to consider a different site?
Thanks again! Applied in a similar position with two weeks in between. I was just wondering about a different position to give the arm/tissues a rest. However from the replies it doesn’t seem to be an issue just keeping the sensor in a similar position- but alternating arms in between.

Hi, I am about to place my third libra sensor tomorrow (onto my left arm again) and am just wondering if you can place it in the same place as the first sensor.(The current (second) sensor is on my right arm). Or would it be better to place it 2cm or 4cm lower down the back of the arm? Also do you have to place it on back of arm- has anyone tried it in other places?. Thank you, Andy
When I broke my wrist I asked abbott if using the same arm was okay and they said yes which I did until could use both arms to scan

i just alternate between left and right arm.
I certainly don’t place them in exactly the same place but if I did, the site has 2 weeks to recover.

yes you can place same places . apart from more advanced technology its the same

Could cause skin irritation replacing sensor on same spot, I always keep away from previous site same with cannula site with pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back