• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Check this photo out

manji

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Doing well Type 2 was 53mmol got it down to 47 mmol already. Not particularly overweight but dropped a quick 3kgs. Definitely more exercise. So ticking along quite nicely.
Sounds foolish but hadn’t noticed this ,clearly minor compared to other people and but actually painful to the touch
I’m guessing it’s like a bed sore then I realised it’s pressure from the way I sit in the evening.
I’m sure some massage and not sitting in that position but it was enough to knock away any complacency.

It’s outside lower right hand calf. Ironically not the side that was affected by the stroke.

@s'nic @Leadinglights

Attachments

• IMG_2930.jpeg
    IMG_2930.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 17
Doing well Type 2 was 53mmol got it down to 47 mmol already. Not particularly overweight but dropped a quick 3kgs. Definitely more exercise. So ticking along quite nicely.
Sounds foolish but hadn’t noticed this ,clearly minor compared to other people and but actually painful to the touch
I’m guessing it’s like a bed sore then I realised it’s pressure from the way I sit in the evening.
I’m sure some massage and not sitting in that position but it was enough to knock away any complacency.

It’s outside lower right hand calf. Ironically not the side that was affected by the stroke.

@s'nic @Leadinglights
If you can I would go to the pharmacy and get them to look at it as it looks as if it could be a bite that has got infected.
I don't think you should leave it without getting it checked.

I agree that you should seek advice from a pharmacist or perhaps an online submission to your GP with the attached photo.
In the mean time, I would rub Germolene into it if you have any in your first aid kit or other antiseptic. Germolene works brilliantly for me for spots and bites and dry split skin and of course ordinary cuts. I have cut myself with the hoof knife when I have been trimming horses hooves numerous times and that is a pretty dirty implement as you can imagine and never yet got an infection thanks to either Hibiscrub which is in the horses first aid kit or Germolene in mine, when I get home.
I also believe that stimulating blood flow to the site is important because the blood removes and disposes of any dead cells/material, so I always rub the Germolene in well each day until it is gone or gently scrub wounds when first done, even if it hurts, to help it heal. No pain, no gain as they say! :rolleyes:

Well worth getting it checked.

I would go along with these suggestions. If it looks / feels infected then it probably is and that needs addressing.

The area is literally where my right leg sits on my left leg. If you get my drift. Definitely a pressure mark it’s getting better since I’ve stopped sitting in that position.
I’ve been putting cream on the area and massaging it.
Thanks for the advice ,after my experiences with the NHS contacting them is my worse case scenario.
I’m more amazed how fairly regular pressure on the skin and I guess limiting the blood supply has that effect.
No different to a bed sore.
It would have become worse if I hadn’t noticed it though. Wearing shorts was the breakthrough

I agree that you should seek advice from a pharmacist or perhaps an online submission to your GP with the attached photo.
In the mean time, I would rub Germolene into it if you have any in your first aid kit or other antiseptic. Germolene works brilliantly for me for spots and bites and dry split skin and of course ordinary cuts. I have cut myself with the hoof knife when I have been trimming horses hooves numerous times and that is a pretty dirty implement as you can imagine and never yet got an infection thanks to either Hibiscrub which is in the horses first aid kit or Germolene in mine, when I get home.
I also believe that stimulating blood flow to the site is important because the blood removes and disposes of any dead cells/material, so I always rub the Germolene in well each day until it is gone or gently scrub wounds when first done, even if it hurts, to help it heal. No pain, no gain as they say! :rolleyes:
I’m a big fan of Hibiscrub and Sudocream.

Back